- Collaborate across the Business Development team, Healthcare Partnership Development teams and Executive team members to maintain client relationships, analyze industry activity and assist in developing business plans for sustained growth.
- Identify and secure clinical trials appropriate for healthcare organization partners and in support of their population health interests.
- Implement initiatives and strategies to help Javara achieve quarterly and annual sales and revenue goals.
- Effectively manage and maintain client relationships and tracking of opportunities, prospects, key events, data and action items in Javara’s ’s CRM.
- Engage in industry conferences and events to advance thought leadership and brand equity.
- Identify and engage in opportunities to increase Javara’s visibility within the industry such as through speaking opportunities, consortiums, and strategic initiatives that support business development goals and strategies.
- Conduct prospecting activities including outreach via phone, email, etc., to identify prospective trial opportunities and assist team in managing engagement to procurement.
- Maintain knowledge of Javara capabilities and service offerings to effectively identify prospective clinical trials.
- Maintain knowledge of Javara’s healthcare partners’ therapeutic capabilities.
- Build contact base within the industry, laying the groundwork for future key contacts within the industry.
- Lead face to face sales activities to secure both clinical trial opportunities and advance strategic relationships with biopharmaceutical companies.
- Identify opportunities to engage and procure new client relationships that align with therapeutic capabilities and clinical trial interests of healthcare organizations.
- Work with the Business Development team to develop proposals in response to biopharma interest in utilization of Javara’s services whether general or trial specific.
- Respond to inbound inquiries regarding Javara’s services.
- Work collaboratively with Javara Clinical Operations leaders to ensure alignment of sales activities and operational capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with Trial Activation staff (contracts, budgets, regulatory) and Operations to ensure effective transition of trials from procurement to delivery.
- Build current knowledge of the industry landscape including key strategic biopharma and CRO partnerships, compound development and overall pipeline trends.
- Leverage computer and presentation development skills to effectively promote Javara’s capabilities, service offerings and value proposition
- Support team efforts to identify, manage and attend industry trade conferences including where appropriate the management of Javara’s presence (e.g. marketing, booth, customer meetings)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This job operates in a professional environment
- The noise level in this work environment is usually light to moderate
- The employee will regularly use hands to reach, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear
- The employee may frequently stand, walk and sit
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
Travel RequirementsThis position may involve up to 25% travel.
Required Education or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of industry experience with at least 2 years of sales/business development experience within the clinical research industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to manage challenging situations and conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Accountable, dependable and strong commitment to quality of work
- Detail oriented with comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Demonstrated expertise with office software to include spreadsheets, word processing, presentation software (PowerPoint), Salesforce and social media.
Other DutiesThis job description covers the most essential functions of this position and is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Javara is an integrated research organization (IRO) that advances value by integrating clinical research within the healthcare ecosystem. Javara brings better outcomes for patient centered care, better economic results, improved access to cutting edge therapies and a more predictable research delivery model to the biopharmaceutical sector.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Javara provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.